Korean Journal of Nephrology 2010;29(1):140-143.
A Case of Acute Renal Failure Complicated by the Poisoning of Amanita virgineoides
Eun Joon Moon, M.D.1, Joo An Hwang, M.D.1, Da Mi Lee, M.D.1, Min Suk Lee, M.D.1 Soon Sun Kim, M.D.1, Sun Mi Kim, M.D.1, Hyun Ee Yim, M.D.2, Young Gi Min, M.D.3 Heung Soo Kim, M.D.1, Gyu Tae Shin, M.D.1 and In Whee Park, M.D.1
Department of Nephrology, Pathology1
Emergency Medicine2 Ajou University School of Medicine, Suwon, Korea
증례 : 흰가시광대버섯 중독에 의한 급성 신부전 1예
문은준1, 황주안1, 이다미1, 이민석1, 김순선1, 김선미1
아주대학교 의과대학 신장내과학교실1 , 병리학교실2 , 응급의학과교실3
Mushroom poisonings are potentially fatal. Most fatalities are due to the amatoxin that causes fulminant hepatic failure and acute renal failure. We report a patient who developed acute renal failure after ingesting Amanita virgineoides, which required renal replacement therapy, despite recovery of liver injury. A kidney biopsy showed acute tubular necrosis. The patient was recovered with the supportive care and temporary hemodialysis.
Key Words: Acute kidney failure, Mushroom poisoning

Editorial Office
#301, (Miseung Bldg.) 23, Apgujenog-ro 30-gil, Gangnam-gu, Seoul 06022, Korea
Tel: +82-2-3486-8736    Fax: +82-2-3486-8737    E-mail: registry@ksn.or.kr                

Copyright © 2024 by The Korean Society of Nephrology.

Developed in M2PI

Close layer